The team over at Minion City made these animatronic pumpkins with their own Minion dev board, but you could also use a wireless radio board. For each pumpkin, they used a battery pack, servos, and a small perfboard, with GE Color Effects for the lighting.
After carving out faces, they hot glued a servo inside each pumpkin and attached piece of a wire hanger to open and close the mouths. Then, they made 5V regulators and connectors for the servos and lights using the perfboards. Finally, they attached a battery pack to each one. You can see more of the setup in the video below.
Visit the project page to learn how to program the pumpkins and light effects. Check out the videos below to see what else they can sing.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades