Turning your abode into a haunted house of horror for Halloween takes a lot of time and work. Finding ways to build props on your own can save you some money that's better spent elsewhere.
If you're looking to add some flare to your household decorations, try out this DIY burning coals trick from jpbailey1 on Halloween Forum. The burning coals could be a nice addition to a torture scene or nice prop for your walkway in front of the house.
You will need some cardboard, orange or red bulb lights, a bunch of two-liter soda bottle tops (just cut a bunch of old bottles near the top), some spray foam, and black spray paint. The initial set up should look like this:
You want to place the majority of your bulbs underneath the bottle tops for better protection and lighting. Now that you have your initial setup, you can now spray the foam over the entire plane, making sure to cover up as much of it as you can.
Once you have it covered in foam, you will spray it with black spray paint to get that coal look.
Now just wait for it to get dark and place your coals in your scene. Plug it in and enjoy.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades