I don't know what I've been doing in the past when it comes to carving pumpkins, but usually they last a little while. For some reason, the pumpkins we carved this year lasted only two days before they became almost completely engulfed in mold and pumpkin juice. Maybe our apartment isn't suitable for carved pumpkins. I was hoping they'd last until Halloween, but I got to say these pumpkins are way creepier once nature took its course.
You may not see it just yet, but you can see the mold really growing up close. It looks kind of like fake spiderwebs stuffed in the openings.
And around the mouth.
But they can't fully be enjoyed without a closeup of the malodorous liquid seeping out.
The inside was also pretty creepy. Made burning the candles inside was a bad idea, since it was just polluting my apartment with moldy vapors.
Overall, I'm glad I got to take some cool pics of the naturally creepy jack-o'-lanterns, but cleaning them up was a total mess. They became totally moist and soggy with pumpkin juice. They stuck to the table and collapsed when trying to pick them up and toss them. If you do this, make sure you have them somewhere where it won't ruin anything. Here's some more pics that I took.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.