Not sure what to be next Halloween? A princess is a classic choice. Whether you're making a costume for your little girl, or want to feel like royalty yourself, a princess costume is always in style.
You Will Need:
• A party dress
• Craft or fabric glue
• Rhinestones and craft jewels
• A cape or capelet
• Craft wire
• Gold or silver spray paint
• A scepter
• Lace in matching or contrasting colors (optional)
• Ribbons in matching or contrasting colors (optional)
• Safety pins (optional)
• A piece of velvet fabric (optional)
• A sewing machine (optional)
• A wooden or plastic rod (optional)
• Aluminum foil (optional)
Step 1: Choose a dress
Decide on a dress that will be the foundation of your costume. Old bridesmaid's dresses, flowing party dresses with lots of fabric, and flower-girl frocks each make an excellent starting point.
Step 2: Dress up your dress
If the dress is plain, enhance it by sewing lace and ribbons to the waistline, sleeves, or hem. If you don't sew, use safety pins to hold the trimming in place. Add sparkle by gluing on craft jewels.
Step 3: Add a cape
Buy a cape or capelet, and decorate it with jewels if you like. Or, if you sew, make your own cape using a sumptuous fabric like velvet.
Step 4: Crown yourself
Buy a crown, or make your own from scratch by shaping craft wire around the costume wearer's head, and then attaching additional smaller pieces of wire, building a series of triangles around the crown. The tip of each triangle should point upward.
Step 5: Add a scepter
Buy a scepter in a costume store and decorate it, or make your own from scratch by painting a plastic or wooden rod gold or silver. When the rod dries, crumple a few pieces of aluminum foil over one end to create the tip of the scepter. Glue a few jewels onto the foil end.
Step 6: Show it off
Put on the dress, don the crown, pick up the scepter – and find your prince!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades