Looking for a costume that breaks the mold of skimpy and clinging fabrics? Stay warm on Halloween and impress at any spooky event by turning yourself into a perfect recreation of the apes in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
Typically, creating an ape costume requires heavy layers of black fur and a full face mask. Yet, thanks to MadeYewLook's tutorial, you can leave those plastic costume masks at home. With different shades of eyeshadow and careful application, you'll wow as a war paint-wearing monkey from this year's sequel to Rise of the Planet of the Apes. This costume, while light on weighty fur, does take some time and attention to detail.
If you're skilled with a makeup brush or two, you can create a costume that goes beyond a basic makeup mask and quickly becomes believable fur. No matter what you look like as a human, you can turn yourself into a furry, war-ready ape.
If you're looking for a simpler, faster way to turn yourself into Caesar, Blue Eyes, Ash, or Cornelia from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, try SmashinBeauty's makeup tutorial below.
Whether you choose the softer, more detail-oriented ape look, or the toothier version feature above, you'll be sure to wow at any costume contest for your dramatic ape makeup!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades